Thursday, January 26, 2006

What The F#@k!

Damn! Blogger has been down most of the day today and I have so many good things to share with you fine people. I'm glad they have finally finished whatever maintenance they needed to do that took from yesterday at 4:00pm PST until just a few minutes ago. They said it would only take half an hour, but it has taken nearly 24. Just like that show with Kiefer Sutherland. Whose brother Rogue went to Princeton with my brother Seth. Who was presented the award for Best Narrative Short at the 2004 Tribeca Film Festival by Kyra Sedgewick. Who is married to... Kevin Bacon.

Cut & Paste 2: Live Art JamAnyway, enough of that for now. The first thing I gotta' share is the Cut & Paste 2: Live Art Jam (not Electric Boogaloo, but similar) featuring artists Tristan Eaton, Travis Millard, David Ellis, Kenji Hirata, tattooist Troy Denning, and DJ's Rich Medina and Spinna at the Supper Club in NYC (240 W 47th St. between Broadway & 8th Ave.) on Saturday, February 4th at 11pm. $20 general admission / $15 with RSVP. Must be 21 or older. Limited complimentary beer provided by Budweiser (yum?)! Personally, I have always enjoyed painting in front of a live audience, and DJ's would make it even better, so I think this will be quite a fun event.

Jericho's Echo DVDNext up, I received an e-mail from Liz Nord today, letting me know that her documentary Jericho's Echo: Punk Rock in the Holy Land is now available on DVD for sale exclusively at www.jerichosecho.com. Its worldwide retail release in stores won't be until August of this year, so until then this is the only place to get it. The DVD features Liz's behind-the-scenes of the movie's screening in Israel last year. I haven't seen it yet, and can't afford to buy any DVD's at the moment, but as soon as it comes to my local Visart Video I will be sure to rent and enjoy it.


Acid Head DunnyLastly, Kidrobot announced the release of their new Acid Head Dunny by Tim Biskup which will happen today, January 26th! I sure do love acid. Anybody got any? Anyway, the Acid Head Dunny will be a Kidrobot LA and Rotofugi exclusive. The release of this Dunny coincides with Tim Biskup's art opening at the Kidrobot LA store. The rest of the LA Dunny Series will be released on February 2nd with a party at Gallery 1998 in LA that will feature original canvases, customs, and appearances by Gary Baseman, Tim Biskup, Shepard Fairey, Joe Ledbetter, Buff Monster, Thomas Han, Nic Cowan, and more.

Well, that's all for now. I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff, but this whole Blogger maintenance thing has really thrown me for a loop. Send me an e-mail if I missed anything.

No comments: