Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bring The Toys!

Twilight Mad*l
Check it out, yeah y’all c’mon, here we go again. Turn it up! Bring the toys!
Paraphrased from Bring the Noise by Public Enemy
Check it out, the new Limited Ed. "Twilight" Mad*l from My Plastic Heart, here we go again. I thought I was over the whole toy thing, but this is such a nice little artistic piece, it could be in a gallery or painted on Asian pottery. Instead, it is painted on a little vinyl figure. The Asian landscape painting with Kanji characters gives the figure some well-deserved artistic cred. Limited to only 300 pieces, I appreciate the fact that you can get it with a Limited Ed., signed & numbered, archival quality Giclee print and double-sided metallic postcard. The full set is limited to only 50 pieces and both the set and single figure are only available from My Plastic Heart. I really like this design and find it very aesthetically pleasing, maybe because of my fascination with Asian art, maybe because of my love of the outdoors and the landscape in art. Either way, it is a very attractive Limited Ed. toy as well as a work of art. My birthday is coming up in March, maybe they will last until then.

No comments: