Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Q*Bert Dunny

Q*Bert DunnyAfter all of the hype and hooplah from yesterday's big Macworld announcements, I thought I would switch gears and go with something a little lighter this morning. I got an e-mail from Kidrobot last night letting me know about an upcoming release party at MILK in San Francisco tomorrow, January 12th, from 8-10pm, for the new DJ Q*Bert Dunny. The man himself, Q to the Bert, will be spinning a set, so get there extra early to find room to get your groove on. Q*Bert's Limited Ed. Dunny will be available at all of the Kidrobot stores starting this Friday, January 13th. I have always enjoyed Q*Bert's scratchtastical abilities, from his work with the Invisibl Skratch Piklz, through his reinterpretation of DJ Shadow's Endtroducing on the aptly titled Preemptive Strike, to his "highly" entertaining extended cartoon music video Wave Twisters. His blindingly dextrous manipulations of the wax always keep my head bopping and my toes tapping. And Huck Gee's design for his 3-inch Dunny does justice to this maestro of vinyl. Limited to 1000. Cute, idn't it.

No comments: