Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Kicks At Pick

Nike Blazer 73 Premium        Nike Dunk Low Asia Exclusive
I'm sure all of you sneaker-heads out there already know about the 3 Decades of Cushioning extravaganza from Nike that is going on right now all over the place. The new sneaker packs go on sale starting this Saturday, January 21st and are available at the Alife Rivington Club, NORT, Niketown, and 255. The packs come in seven different flavors, All Whites, Extraordinary Oranges, Blue Ribbons, Extraordinary Greens, All Blacks, The Originals, and of course, Limited Ed.'s. The Limited Ed.'s are available from the Rivington Club and NORT and are inspired by the toy industry, a common source of inspiration these days, and one that I believe is getting a little stale... or maybe I'm just getting old. Personally, I prefer to seek out my kicks from Pick Your Shoes, my favorite online sneaker retailer. They may not have any of these '3 Decades of Cushioning' kicks in stock (yet), but that doesn't stop them from having some other unique colorways available. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Nike's Air Max sneakers, anyway. I prefer my sneakers like I prefer my hip-hop: old skool. For example, check out the dope Blazer Mid 73 Premiums [above left] that Pick Your Shoes recently acquired. These are throw-backs to the original style of Nike's first basketball shoes, with an updated feel, premium leather and a very interesting, organic pattern. Perfect for the hard-wood or the dance floor. I'm also a big fan of the Nike Dunk Low. Check out the Asian Exclusive Edition [above right] of these retro basketball kicks dressed in imitation basketball material. A must for any b-ball b-boy. Speaking of b-boys, these shoes are only available in boys sizes. Don't forget to check out the rest of the kicks at Pick Your Shoes. They have quite the selection.

No comments: