Friday, January 20, 2006

Toys, Toys, Toys

Didn't they get the message? Designer toys are soooo 2003. But they keep producing them, and they are coming in bunches. I guess some people must still be buying them. Time to move onto the next trend, people. Pottery! Anyway, I got an e-mail from My Plastic Heart yesterday afternoon letting me know about several new toys that they have newly in stock. Here are my three favorite sets:


First, Toy2R has several new Qees available through MPH. I really like the cute, street-art-inspired, Limited Ed. MÖTUG series Egg Qees. I especially like the Doze Green, Obey, and CES Eggs [pictured above, L to R]. I paid homage to CES in my painting Entering a City: Redux available for purchase at Wootini. He is probably my favorite old skool tagger. And I really like Doze's part in the movie Wild Style. And I always appreciated Shepherd Fairy's phenomenology campaign experiment with the "Andre the Giant has a posse" stickers.

Pink AniballoonPanda AniballoonSilver Aniballoon

The next new toys that MPH has that I like are Touma's new Limited Ed. Aniballoon vinyl figures produced by Wonderwall. They are so chubby and cute. If I wasn't so manly I would get the one with the pink flocking [pictured above, left] and sleep with it beside me on my pillow. I also really like the panda [pictured above, center], but it is already sold out. I'm sure the others will sell out quickly, as well.

Reebok Gehenom ZombieCandy Creature Gehenom ZombieGlow Gehenom Zombie

Lastly, MPH has the new Limited Ed. LMAC (a.k.a. Les Minimal Autistic Children) Gehenom Zombies vinyl figures produced by Flying Cat. These removeable-head zombies are ready to bash your brains in, with their articulated arms and club accessory, and then eat them. Luckily, there were only 100, 200, or 300 pieces of each version created, unlike the zombies in George A. Romero's Land of the Dead. My favorites are the Reebok Exclusive, Candy Creature, and of course, Glow Version [pictured above, L to R].

No comments: