Monday, January 16, 2006

R.I.P. Cy-Kitten

Cy-kittenI know this story has already made its way around the internet quite a bit, but when I first read the story I was touched by the disturbing cuteness of this one-eyed kitten. Think of what we could have learned if this alien being had lived more than a few hours. Could this be an explanation for the mythical cyclops from Homer's Oddysey? I guess I just really appreciate the fact that someone took the time to paint such a fine memorial portrait of this medical oddity. To quote Kipling West of 7 Deadly Sinners:
"Cyclops Kitten" is featured on Yahoo's "Buzz Log" as one of the most searched keywords of the moment, and there are even blogs with poetry dedicated to this strange and delicate creature.

We weep for thee, kitten. Rest in Peace.
We weep for thee, indeed, sweet, disturbing, cute, freaky cyclops kitten.

[Thanks, Mac, for the link]

No comments: