Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Monkey! (Ltd.)

Honda Monkey LimitedSo many posts today, so much stuff out there! Here's a little something I know Seth would enjoy cruising around on in Chaing Mai or even NYC. It's the Limited Ed. Honda Monkey Limited (redundant, I know, but I gotta' get my name in there somewhere). Seth always did have an affinity for monkeys. According to Gizmodo, because I can't read Japanese, "Honda’s 50cc leisure motor bike aka 'Monkey' first appeared in 1967. It is small, but carries a 4 stroke engine is beloved by many and looks like something Yoshi would ride." Only 3000 of these chrome-plated beauties will be produced. I want one just so I can do wheelies up and down a dirt road all day long. It looks so cute. I'm sure I wouldn't break my back again if I fell off of this thing (yeah, right).

1 comment:

Setholonius said...

I gave my engine four strokes just looking at it. Actually that's not true -- more like forty! Actually that's not true either. The truth is I'm reluctant to ride a motorbike again after my last spill on a mountain road outside of Chiang Mai. It was towards the end of my shoot and I was rushing to a location to start planning shots, didn't notice a lot of loose dirt on the pavement on one of the curves, and fell off the bike doing about 30 mph. Miraculously, I was not in the least bit injured. I cut open one of my hands a little bit, but other than that, it was a freebie. The bike was fucked though. I mean, I fucked the bike. Four strokes, right in the exhaust pipe. Gummed up that engine good!

I'm drunk.