Monday, October 03, 2005

Fall Bounce

I went to a roller disco party (possibly inspired by the new movie Roll Bounce) at Skate World in Kernersville, North Cackalacka for my friend Scherrie's birthday yesterday and boy is my ass tired! I only fell twice (trying to show off for my girlfriend), which isn't too bad, but it has been a few years since the last time I went roller skating and I am paying for it today. My legs feel like rubber, it's painful sitting down and I lost my voice singing along to all the classic roller disco music that was played. When I was a kid there was a roller rink about a mile from my house, so my friends and I would go there two or three days a week during the summer to hang out, skate and play video games. Scherrie's party really took me back. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time. This was also the first time I have ever had someone to skate with during the couples skate, which was really exciting for me. Everyone was dressed appropriately for the event, as well. If Ryan sends me some pictures, I'll post them here so y'all can see what I mean. Anyway, here are some vintage skates to look at in the meantime. I like these fancy Riedell 65S vintage roller skates:



Apparently these skates are, "lost inventory from the 70's! These are original outdoor super suede 65s boots from back in the day. HAND STITCHED! These are not made nor will ever be made again. Great for speed outdoor skating and/or special events." I like how the stripes make them look like they are going fast even when they are standing still. Also, check out these pretty in pink, faux-Reebok-lookin' Riedell Aerobiskate vintage roller skates:



Why aerobicize when you can aerobiskate? Unfortunately, since these skates are deadstock, there aren't very many sizes available and they are pretty expensive. If everyone at the party had thrown in ten bucks, we could have gotten a pair for Scherrie for her birthday and then she wouldn't have ever had to take off her skates. Now I'm going to go ice my bruises and take some aspirin. I'm getting too old for this shit.

No comments: