Monday, October 10, 2005

Sympathy For The Devil



Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.
I was around on Saturday night, October 8th, when the Rolling Stones held their concert at Wallace Wade Stadium at Duke University. What an amazing show! It was definitely in the top five concerts that I have been to, and I have been to about a thousand concerts. It was right up there with Willie Nelson at the North Carolina State Fair in 2000, Dylan and the Dead at RFK in 1995, Pink Floyd at Carter-Finley in 1994, and R.E.M. at the Smith Center in 1989. My girlfriend and I had great seats for the show, right next to the stage on the left in the first row of the stadium. My dad was right when he said they played all of the songs he wanted to hear. Before the show, we were talking about which songs we wanted to hear and he mentioned Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Honky-Tonk Woman, and they played all of them. They also did a great cover version of Ray Charles' Night Time is the Right Time and played one of my all-time favorites, Dead Flowers. Here is the complete set list. Of course, because they were playing at Duke, they had to do a brilliant version of Sympathy for the Devil. The whole thing was just spectacular. The show was so good, my girlfriend even bought a Limited Ed. "Stones Duke Sympathy for the Devil" t-shirt, even though she is a UNC student and hates Duke with a passion. The shirts were only available at the Duke concert and once they were sold out, they were gone. I'll post a cute picture of her wearing it as soon as I upload it to the good ol' internet. All in all, even with the slight drizzle, it was an amazing night.

Also, check out the good press my brother got for his movie The Cool Season from the Bangkok Post.

Update: They just put the Duke concert shirts up for sale on the Stones website. I guess they weren't just available at the show. Oh well, now everyone can get one and I don't feel as special. Here's the link and a pic:



Of course, if you wear the shirt and you weren't at the show, you are a real poseur, so there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post a picture of me wearing a Duke shirt? That's blackmail.

Limited Ed. said...

Blackmail, hmmm... in that case, what will you give me if I don't post it?

Anonymous said...

Hey since you loved the Stones show so much you should check out this. http://www.thatsmyticket.com/ticketframes/concerts/rollingstones.html