Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mooooooooooooog!!!

My favorite musical instrument ever, the Moog Synthesizer now has its own documentary! "Moog"


Directed by Hans Fjellestad, the film will be released on September 24th. There is a list of dates and locations on the movie website. I will most likely go see it at the Asheville Film Festival in Asheville, North Cackalacky on November 4-7. According to the e-mail I received from Linda Pritchard at Moog music,
"MOOG", a collaboration of director Fjellestad and Producer Ryan Page, is described as "a stylized, wonderfully strange story of a true American maverick". 'The film focuses on Bob Moog's role as synthesizer pioneer while exploring his collaborations with musicians over the years, and his ideas on creativity, design, interactivity and spirituality.
You can also win a free trip to Asheville to see the movie here. Make sure you check out these stills from the film. They are dope and hilarious. I will have to talk to my friend Franklin, whose parents are friends with the Moogs, before I go to the festival to see if I can meet Bob personally and thank him for his wonderful work.

No comments: