Monday, August 02, 2004

Transformus, More Than Eats Your Mind!

There were plenty of Autoerotibots and hardly any Decepticraps at the first annual Transformus Music & Art Festival in Deerfields, NC this past weekend. Here are some pictures of the craziness:








It sure was a whole lot of fun. There was a lot of nudity, both good and bad. I hardly slept a bit. I spent my time swinging off of the rope swing into the lake, swimming, lounging in the sun, eating delicious Panang sausage with rice and beans, playing drums, walking around carrying heavy equipment, trying to avoid the rain, and trying to freak out the freaks with my microphone and new Roland Micro Cube:



I carried it around using batteries and made my voice sound very devilish so that I could blast at people such loving quotes as, "Satan wants to eat your soul!" and "You will all burn in the fiery pits of hell!" The Project Daedalus performace Sunday at three in the morning went off with barely a hitch. Unfortunately, there were no turntables on the main stage, so Ryan was reduced to playing one of my keyboards through the above mentioned Micro Cube. Fortunately, we met a guy who had one of these Roland HPD-15 Drum Pads:

He provided the beats for our ambient stew. We achieved my desired result for our performance, which was to entice the hippies with some sensual sounds, then slowly get very dark and evil and scare them all off. Silly hippies, so easily manipulated. It was a fun and exhausting event and I can hardly wait for it again next year.

I apologize for the lack of Limited Ed. content in this post.

No comments: