Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Hey Look...

More new toys! I randomly found these crazy 12" figures while I was searching for stuff for my last post. First off, there's this Pot Head figure:



And then there's this 12 Oz Vandal figure:



Both of these figures were hand made by Los Angeles artist and DJ Shiro Fujioka. Fujioka has been called the next Michael Lau or Jason Siu because of his work with both two and three dimensional media. According to a press release on PR Web Fujioka and his business partner S.D. Magallanes are launching a new auction website dedicated to, "graffiti writers, street skaters, action figure and comic book collectors, Hip-Hop and Indie Rock connoisseurs, and vinyl junkies." The website is supposed to be at www.audibleauctions.net, but when I tried to go there I got an error message saying the site could not be found. You can check out some of Shiro's other work at 200 Proof Magazine and at the Vinyl Killers Shop. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find his website, if he has one. If anyone has any more information about him, I would enjoy seeing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can find shiro's site at http://www.antisocialworker.com