Wednesday, August 11, 2004

What Happened To Tuesday?

Does anyone know where Tuesday went? I know it was around here somewhere. I'm pretty sure I saw it at one point yesterday, but I really don't remember. Everything is a whirl of a blur. It's like when I flew to Australia and crossed the international date line and it was Monday when I left and Wednesday when I arrived. Tuesday was lost somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. Same sort of thing here, but without the enjoyment of being cooped up in a plane for twenty-four hours with that nasty recirculated air and some old lady making horrible smells sitting next to me.

Anyway, I know I was planning on looking for something interesting today, but instead I came up with this, customhardhats.com: Hard Hats Come Alive! Bring your hard hats to life with eye-catching designs and vibrant colors. That's right, custom hard hats! Why? Because there are workers installing new stone tiles on the balcony outside of my office right now and they are making a horrible racket and, coincidentally, wearing hard hats. They are constantly bringing huge stone tiles through my office and distracting me from this, my distraction from actual work. I would be so much happier if they were wearing these Western Outlaw hard hats:



Or maybe one from the Freedom Series:



They include American, Canadian and Mexican patriotic freedom hard hats, but where are the Iraqi Freedom hard hats?

Personally, I have a special affinity for these custom multi-sport helmets because of the many head injuries I have suffered skateboarding and BMX biking. What skateboarder could resist this Dale Earnhardt, Jr. helmet?



And what freestyle BMX'er worth his salt could walk away from a Pittsburgh Steelers helmet?



Not me, that's for sure. Especially since after all of my injuries I can barely walk at all.

No comments: