Monday, August 16, 2004

Everything Old Is New Again

While most companies are busy perfecting their Plasma, LCD and Vixlim technologies, Predicta is busy refining ancient art into modern masterpieces. They have taken designs from the Philco Predicta Televisions of the 1950's and recreated them with modern materials and electronics. The televisions are cable and video-game ready and even come with a remote! I especially like the Limited Ed. Meteor:



For its aerodynamic, rocket-ship-like qualities. I always imagined having a television like this as a child and using it to explore the farthest reaches of the galaxy, or my imagination, or just sit around and watch it until my eyes started bleeding. I am also fond of the Chalet:



Because it reminds me of the Swiss-style chalet that my brother and I stayed at in the hill-tribe village of Pai in Northern Thailand when we were opium mules for that prostitution ring all those winters ago.

Thanks to Mac for the predictably Predicta information.

No comments: