Friday, February 17, 2006

Six Degrees

Sorry about no posts since V-Day. To answer your questions, no, I have not been laid-up in bed trying to recover since then. Anne and I had a very nice V-Day, I prepared an herb-crusted salmon with asparagus beurre blanc ala Emeril Lagasse and she made a lovely green tea cheesecake (she didn't think it turned out that well, but I have been eating it all week and it is delicious and almost gone). I have not written anything since Tuesday because I have been spending every spare and waking hour working on a Flash website for Prime Building in Raleigh for my sister's (and now my) friend Eva. The website that I linked to is not the Flash site, which is only about half done. I have spent about twenty hours on it so far. It is a lot more work than I originally thought it would be, but it is worth it. The template that I am working from is only six pages long, but the actual website needs to be at least seventeen pages, so I had to create quite a few pages from scratch. Anyone who works with Flash knows this can be a serious pain in the butt. Anyway, now that I have gotten all of that off of my chest, I can get back to the task at hand.

Six Degrees MagazineI was scanning all of the blogs that I check on a daily basis and something caught my eye from Josh Spear's blog. It has to do with something close to my heart, North Carolina State University's Six Degrees Magazine. Six Degrees is close to my heart because I applied to the NC State design program way back in the stone ages (1992), but went to Carnegie Mellon University instead. I did take an aesthetics class at NC State while I was taking a year off from school (ironic, huh) back in 1994. Anyway, Six Degrees is a print magazine where students can show off and share their design work with the world. Now why didn't I think of that? Of course, I probably know at least one person that worked on the publication through my various associations in the North Cackalacka design world. You can purchase a copy of the 'zine here or other Six Degrees merchandise, such as t-shirts, mouse pads, magnets, tote bags, journals, and postcards, here. They also have a blog, but it only has three posts so far. Hopefully they will start updating more often now that the print version of the 'zine is available.

No comments: