Monday, February 20, 2006

Kicks, Kicks And Pics Of Kicks

Well, it's Monday again, and once again it seems like the weekend just flew by. Weekends never seem to last long enough. I never seem to get enough sleep over the weekend. I never seem to have time to catch up on personal projects over the weekend. I only worked on the Prime Building website for about two hours this weekend, but I had hoped to have it finished by the end of the weekend. I should have it done in the next couple of days and then it will be available for all the world to see.

Anyway, onto the Limited Ed.United Colors of AF1 I got e-mails from Assault! Design, Alife Rivington Club and Proper over the weekend letting me know about all of the upcoming shoe and shoe poster releases of late. First up, Assault! has new Limited Ed. United Colors of Air Force 1 poster [pictured, right], postcards and button badges available. The poster is similar to the United Colors of Dunk poster, but features the 110 colorways of the Nike Air Force 1 and the shoes are facing the opposite direction as the ones in the Dunk poster. Assault! sent me a few of their posters, and let me tell you, each of them is a very high quality product (I am planning some kind of contest to give them away to some lucky, loyal readers). I'm sure the new AF1 merchandise will sell out quickly, so get it while it's hot.

Next up, the Alife Rivington Club has some new Limited Ed. Nike Air Max kicks coming soon inspired by one of Japan's leading soccer teams, the Kashima Antlers:
Kashima Antlers Air Max 360In a tiny, ancient town in Japan, samurais still exist. But instead of swords and spears, these warrior’s weapons of choice are swift feet and an intoxicating style of football imported from South America. They are the Kashima Antlers—the rebel team of Japan’s professional soccer league. Counting a hardcore following of punk motorcycle gangs among their many fans, the Antlers wear their reputation for being on the fringe of culture as proudly as they do their uniforms.
Personally, I prefer the Kashima Antlers Air Max 360's [pictured above, left] for their buttery-soft leather, laser-cut uppers and patent leather trim. The release date for these is being kept a secret for obvious reasons, but as soon as I know it, I will let y'all know.

Laser-cut, One-piece DunkAnd lastly, Proper has several new shoes in stock including new Limited Ed. laser cut, one-piece Nike Dunk Lows and Highs. I prefer the lows [pictured, right] to the highs, but I always prefer low-top kicks. The only time I wear high-tops is when I am wearing hiking boots (which I wear to work because they are warm and my office is cold) or when I am actually playing basketball (which I haven't done in years). The lows are just classier looking and the darker color matches more of my wardrobe. Of course, I won't be buying new shoes for a while. My birthday is coming up two weeks from today, so if anyone needs a present idea, dope kicks are always welcome.

No comments: