Friday, February 03, 2006

From The Soul

De La Soul Dunk HighI got an e-mail from my cousin Scott informing me about a new online sneaker store that he recently discovered (well, I'm not sure if it's new, but it's new to me) called Snug. Of course, I can't read the Japanese, Google translator was absolutely no help and I don't know if they ship to the states, but they do have these dope Limited Ed. De La Soul Dunk High Top SB's [pictured, right]. I love the Dunk SB's because they are old skool but contain the new skool soul of a zoom air insole. They even have my size, Japanese size 29, and are only ¥32,800! That's $275.47 for us round-eyes. They also have the De La Soul Dunk Low Top SB's [not pictured] for only ¥29,800 or $250.28, very close to the Pick Your Shoes price of $249.99 for the same pair (Pick Your Shoes doesn't have the De La Soul Dunk Highs). They are a little too "bright banana yellow" for my taste, though.

           
Right now, in honor of Valentine's Day in less than two weeks (they sure start advertising these made-up holidays early), I have been thinking more these Limited Ed. Valentine's Day Nike Air Force 1's [above, left] and Dunk Lows [above, right]. The Air Force 1's have a lovely embroidered rose on the heel [below, left], a rose on the insole, and heart-shaped perferations on the toe. Adorable! The Dunks have a rose on the insole and "I love you" with a little heart repeated across the toe and heel [below, right]. Very cute. If my girlfriend were as big a sneaker freak as I am, I would think about getting her a pair of one of these. She would probably take them out of the box, wear them around and get them all dirty. How disrespectful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are just bringing up dunks - cause I was claiming that they are they best nikes ever last night.

-The Jenius