Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kick Dunny

Kidrobot Dunny KicksI got an e-mail from Kidrobot (along with some pretty negative responses to my homophobic post about the Rocket Queer) yesterday letting me know about the upcoming release of the Limited Ed. Kidrobot Dunny Sneakers:
Straight from the runways of NYC Fashion Week, Kidrobot's Dunny sneakers will be released in all Kidrobot stores and online on March 2nd! These super kicks will include "Grasshopper", designed by Kidrobot's own Paul Budnitz, and "Chocorange", by sneaker designer extrordinaire Bill McMullen. Chocorange is limited to 500 pairs and Grasshopper is limited to 300 pairs.
I like these sneakers, and not just because they combine my love of toys and sneakers with my obsession with everything Limited Ed. I also like the look of them: the two stripes going across the side that resemble the ears on the Dunny figures, the fat, old skool, skate sneaker flavor of them; and the color of them: orange, brown and green are my three favorite colors. They will be available four days before my birthday, so seriously folks, if you need an idea of what to get me that I would really love, but never actually wear, these kicks are perfection!

No comments: