Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Sound Guy's Wet Dream

Here's a little something for all of my friends in the movie industry to replace all of those clunky DAT recorders that they use for audio recording. From the geniuses at Aaton comes this beautiful Cantar-X digital audio recorder:



With 18 simutaneous inputs recording on 8 separate tracks to a 127 GB removeable FireWire hard drive with a built-in CDR/DVD+R burner, Bluetooth capability, and the ability to connect external FireWire hard drives, this baby really kicks all kinds of ass. Not to mention the fact that it is dust- and water-proof, has touch screen controls, large knobs, and a 10 to 15 hour battery life. I think I just stained my pants! Of course, this cute little box does run about 18 grand, so don't expect to be seeing one on my shelf anytime soon... maybe on the set of my brother's next movie.

Also check out Aaton's A-Minima Super16 camera:

The ultimate in Super16 miniturization. So tiny.

[Via Gizmodo]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that digital audio recorder kicks ass. And the new a-minima makes my cock hard.
--Seth