Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Why God, Why?!



Ragamuffin J. Wigglesworth, Esq. 2001-2004


Ragamuffin was a good cat, and they say only the good die young. She was definitely taken before her time. I like to think that she was such a good cat that God wanted to have her back. She was a beautiful, vivacious kitty who loved beef jerky and ice cream. She used to run up to me when I got home and greet me with a "meow" and stand on her hind legs when I bent down to pet her so that she could get closer to my hand. There will never be another kitty like her. I got Raga when she was only six weeks old from a woman I was working with. I spent the first four hours I was with her picking ticks off of her that she got from being abondoned in a barn. She cried the whole time, but afterwards we were inseperable. I loved her like she was my own child. For the first few months of her life I took her everywhere with me. To work, to friends' houses, she would just cower in my lap or hide under a sofa. She was a very skittish kitty, and even though I wanted and tried my best to get her fat, she maintained her svelt, kitten-like appearance. She had lived in three houses before we moved into our new apartment. We were here only two days when she managed to push open the screen from a window she was sleeping in and get out. I noticed at four-thirty in the morning that she was out and spent the next three hours looking for her. She was an indoor/outdoor cat, so I figured she would go exploring a little and come back. When she didn't return all day I started getting worried. I put up lost cat signs today, and almost immediately received two phone calls from people who had seen her body in the middle of the road. The tears began instantaneously and still haven't stopped. It is pretty tough writing this post. If anyone would like to send their condolences, they can do so from the message thingy below. There will be a memorial service this weekend for anyone who would like to attend. Flowers may be sent c/o Alec Grossman, 200 Hwy 54 Bypass, Apt. G-105, Carrboro, NC 27510.

No comments: