Thursday, June 17, 2004

Ride That Pony!

Everyone knows that Adidas, Puma, Vans, and Nike make the coolest shoes around. Everyone has seen the Laser Cut Nike's, the customizable old skool Vans. Everybody's got a pair of funky-colored Puma's lying around somewhere. And who has never owned a pair of Adidas Sambas? But if you want to be fresh on the scene with something no one else will be wearing, you gotta' get yourself a pair of Pony's!

I remember I must have been around eleven or twelve years old, hanging out at the mall. I had a brand new pair of hi-top Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars and I was going up the escalator, not really paying attention. When I reached the top, I planned to let the escalator gently release me onto the upper level, but instead it grabbed a hold of the fronts of my shoes and tried to drag me into its mechanical depths. I freaked out and started screaming and had to rip the fronts of my shoes off in order to free myself! Mall security accused me of trying to damage private property, and I accused their escalator of trying to kill me, and eventually it was all settled by the mall buying me a brand new pair of Pony's from K-Mart. Although I don't remember them being nearly as cool as these Pony Midtown Crackles:



I also appreciate these Pony Turf '79's:



And these sweet camo Pony California '78's:



Get these and other fine Pony's online at www.zappos.com before they get so hot you can't find them anymore.

No comments: