Friday, June 25, 2004

Limited Ed. E-mails

I am still very distraught over the death of my kitty, Raga, but I have been able to choke back the tears long enough to check my e-mail and see all the nifty new Limited Ed. stuff that is floating around out there in the ether. First off, Mac sent me an e-mail with a link to these fan-designed future iPods. They are all one-of-a-kind concepts and are very interesting. I especially like this:



Isamu Sanada designed iPod/Newton Wristwatch. It kinda' reminds me of a futuristic version of this Laks Music Memory Mp3 Wristwatch:



Something you can actually purchase today, and not in the future. The price on these is actually not that bad, but still out of my range.

My next informative, Limited-Ed.-related e-mail was from Ryan who found these new Faderfox Midicontrollers:



Apparently, they signal the death of vinyl for DJ's, but I don't think vinyl will ever die. There is just something very satisfying about holding a record in your hand that a computer and mouse can't replace. Even if you can tweak all the knobs while mixing with your computer. Leave it to the Germans to try and take the fun out of DJ'ing.

Then I received an e-mail from Vans introducing their new Bucky Lasek Signature Model:



Those shoes are pretty cool looking, but I don't think at my age I should be getting back on a skateboard. Especially since the last time I rode one I broke my wrist.

And finally, ya' got these Nike Delta Force sneaks:



Designed as a collaboration between hip-hop artist Nitro and Nike. There are only 26 pairs of these, so they are definitely Limited Ed. A little ugly for my taste, but I can't afford 'em anyway, so who am I to judge.

Thanks to everyone who sent me their condolences in regards to my baby Ragamuffin. It's still very hard for me to come home and not have her greet me with a cute meow. I miss having her ride on my shoulder everywhere, also. I just really miss her. She was one-of-a-kind.

No comments: