Monday, November 21, 2005

Whah?!

Tablet PC GuitarAlright, I'm back! I got a job for the next two weeks answering the phone at the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Anyway, I have sold one of my toys that I posted about earlier, but the other five are still up for bidding, so get your holiday gift from me now. I need the money!

Speaking of money, check out this dope(?), wierd product idea from the wonderful chip-makers at Intel. It's a Fender Telecaster with a Centrino-based tablet PC built into the back, called the 'surf guitar'. Wow! What the hell is the point of this thing? According to Pocket-lint, "the ‘surf guitar’ is the world’s first to allow you to download and playback your favourite riffs from the Internet without touching the strings, so you can sound like Bo Diddley while doing diddly-squat." Now you too can form a band without knowing how to play an instrument, just like Green Day! Sweet! I just wish I had heard about this before I bought my guitar. Of course, it is just a concept design.

No comments: