Wednesday, November 02, 2005

That's Munny, Yo!



Kidrobot will be hosting the Munny show in all of their various locations, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco, tomorrow. You must RSVP to get into the show because with all of the great artists and celebrities that will be represented with their own customized version of Kidrobot's Munny character space will be limited. Proceeds from the show go to benefit children affected by hurricane Katrina. The list of artists and celebrities is too long to publish here, but you can see some examples of the work that will be shown on Kidrobot's Munny discussion board. Munnys will also be available to the general public for customization. It should be a good time for all who attend. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near LA, San Fran or NYC, so I will not be attending. Plus, I have something much, much more important planned for Thursday, November 3rd.


On a completely different note, my brother just sent me a book recommendation that I felt needed to be passed along. It's Jonathan Lethem's book The Fortress of Solitude. According to my brother, it is all about "tagging in NY and Brooklyn in the 70s, and comics, and Pumas." Three of my favorite subjects. Amazon.com gives it a slightly different interpretation.
Projected through the prism of race relations, black music and pop art, Lethem's stunning, disturbing and authoritatively observed narrative covers three decades of turbulent events on Dean Street, Brooklyn.
Sounds good to me. The next time I am at the library I will have to pick up a copy. Yeah, right, like I've ever been to a library! Alright, so the next time I have a few bucks to spare, I'll go on Amazon.com and purchase a copy of the paperback. It's going for $10.17 right now. That's cheap!

2 comments:

Setholonius said...

How can you read PAPERBACKS?! That's like smoking weed from a toilet paper roll. Hardback, nigga, hardback!

Limited Ed. said...

The hardcover's out of print, b'yatch!