Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hey Mr. DJ

Equalizer BPM watchPut a record on, I want to dance with my baby. And now I can tap out on my watch how many beats per minute the song I'm dancing to contains. Or at least I could if I had the new Limited Ed. Equalizer BPM DJ watch from Tokyoflash. The BPM watch has quite a few features built into it. It displays both the date and time, has a mini-torch built in (a flashlight for us folks here in the states) and of course the "Beats Per Minute" feature with scrolling messages (such as "The roof is on fire!" and "They're working up a sweat!") to get you in the mood for your next mix. To use the BPM function, press the central D button for a moment and then tap the button to the rhythm of the beat. You only need to tap five times for the BPM meter to work. The only downside to this watch is it is too easy to read. Unlike all of the other watches available at Tokyoflash, this watch shows the time in a basic numerical format. No binary, crazy LED's or special codes to decipher in order to determine the time. I mean, what fun is that. Oh yeah, and if you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic there. I really like this watch. And at only $65, it is pretty darn affordable, too. Seems cool to me.

No comments: