Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Firefly!

SupervogNo, not the ill-fated-but-much-loved, very original, Joss Whedon sci-fi Western creation. No, a shoe store in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had completely forgotten about Firefly (which I had been to for a gallery opening a couple of years ago) until I saw them mentioned as the Best Place for Kick-Ass Shoes in the Independent Weekly's Best of the Triangle issue. This is definitely one of the best places for cool shoes in the triangle (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill, North Carolina) and on the web, because now they have a web store with some of their selection online. My personal favorites are the John Fluevogs, especially the Supervog [pictured above]. That's a special Limited Ed. colorway only available from Firefly. I'm a big fan of the brown and green color combination, and with water, acid, alkalai, fatigue and Satan-resistant soles, you can't go wrong. Sweet!

No comments: