Friday, July 02, 2004

R.I.P. Marlon Brando



Well, it's another sad day for the world of entertainment. First, the mediocre actor Ronald Reagan passes away, then the excellent musician Ray Charles, and now the versatile actor Marlon Brando. About working on the Superman films Mr. Brando once said,
I had only a small part in Superman, but since it was a popular movie and my contract gave me 11.3 percent of the gross, I made about $14 million for less than three weeks' work. When Alexander and Ilya Salkind, the producers, asked if they could use footage from the picture in a sequel, Superman II, I asked for my usual percentage, but they refused, and so did I.
He was truly a hero to actors everywhere. From The Wild One to On the Waterfront to A Streetcar Named Desire to The Godfather to Apocalypse Now to The Island of Dr. Moreau he showed the strength and versatility of his talent and his uncanny ability to gain weight with each new role. He will be missed.

In other news, blow the head off of Osama Bin Ladin with these Limited Ed. Fireworks! Happy 4th of July all you proud Americans out there!

No comments: