Friday, April 13, 2007

Sneakerplay Air Force 1 Winners Announced

Sneakerplay AF1 Contest WinnersWell, the Sneakerplay Air Force 1 Contest Winners have been announced, and unfortunately I was not among them. There was a girl from Durham, though, so that's cool. Surprisingly, I find the winning designs a little boring; I think subtlety was what the judges were looking for with this competition.

For some reason, I have serious disdain for the second place design. Basing it on the wool Starter cap version of a school's colors just seems so unoriginal and lame.

Of all the winners, I probably like Roxfontaine's third place design, Goldfinger, the best. It is classy and sophisticated, and I would definitely wear them.

Of course, all participants will get the opportunity to purchase their own designs, because Sneakerplay and Nike have graciously allowed all participants access to the AF1 design studio on Nike iD with special passcodes.

No comments: