Wednesday, June 21, 2006

They Did It!

Carolina Hurricanes Stanley CupThe Carolina Hurricanes pulled it out in game 7 at home in Raleigh on Monday night to win the Stanley Cup! What an amazing season. North Carolina finally has its first professional sports championship. It is truly an outstanding accomplishment. Something the Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Hornets (now Charlotte Bobcats) couldn't attain. Come on fellas, step it up. The Panthers had a chance last year and in the 2003-04 season, but blew it both times. At least we know hockey! Go 'Canes! Redneck hockey at its finest. It was great seeing Rod Brind'Amour, Carolina center and team captain, hefting that enormous cup over his head as he skated around the ice. Congratulations Carolina!

Anyway, now that I have gotten that out of the way, I must apologize for my lack of posts recently. I was out of town last week at my cousin Scott and his lovely new bride Magnolia's wedding at the Bryant Park Grill in New York City. It was a wonderful, beautiful affair. Not too large, only about a hundred people. The ceremony was very sweet and took place on the roof-top patio of the grill overlooking Bryant Park. After the ceremony, Hors d'Oeuvres and drinks were served on the patio and then it was downstairs to the restaurant for dinner and dancing until one o'clock in the morning. The band was great, playing mostly fast and funky, but throwing in the occasional slow song for couples' dances. They even busted out some Stones and G 'n' R for good measure. It was the only time I have ever seen a band play an encore at a wedding. I was so exhausted from dancing all night, I couldn't even make it to the after-party. I should have pictures up soon if anyone is interested. Until then, you can click on this beautiful family portrait of all of the cousins [pictured below] and view my dad's photos from the wedding.
Ugliest wedding party ever

Now I will get back to what you are probably actually here to see: The toys, the shoes, the prints, the statuary, the etc. Just give me a few minutes to get my bearings. See ya' soon!

No comments: