Monday, April 24, 2006

The Elephant King

Doze Green GaneshIn honor of my brother's first feature film, The Elephant King, which premieres at the Tribeca Film Festival this Wednesday night at 7:00pm at the AMC Loews Village VII at 66 3rd Avenue and East 11th Street, here's a little Ganesh (the elephant king) action for all of you fans out there. Designed by ol' skool graffiti artist Doze Green, these impeccable, Limited Ed. vinyl figures will go on sale starting this Thursday, April 27th. The blue and red [pictured above] versions, that is. The white version is limited to only 100 pieces and will only be available at Kidrobot NY at the signing on the 27th. The other two versions are limited to 700 pieces each. Here's what Kidrobot has to say about the figure:
Ganesh towers at 9.5 - 10 inches tall atop a giant boom box. The Hindu god of good fortune and the remover of obstacles, shows his own luck, sportin' a pair of shell toes, a giant sound system, and a jewel in his round belly. The base is separate piece and Ganesh also carries his broken tusk in his left hand.

On his back are inscribed the letters E.O.T.O. - (Each One, Teach One) and the window box is designed by the one and only Filth.
If my family and I get up to NYC early enough Thursday night I will try to convince them to join me at the signing, even though I can't afford to buy anything and I'm sure there will be a line out the door. I'll try taking pictures if I make it.

No comments: