Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Boot To The Head

Boot CampJust what I need right now to get out of my funk; a good boot to the head! I could also use a thousand dollars in non-consecutive unmarked bills. Yeah, like that would ever happen. Anyway, as I was saying, boot to the head. Or at least to the Intel-powered Mac. Apparently, Apple has gone and one-upped hackers Narf and Blanka by officially releasing a public beta boot patch appropriately called Boot Camp for running Micro$oft Windows XP on the new Intel Macs. I love how Apple has totally dissed Micro$oft on their website for Boot Camp. Here's an example:
Macs use an ultra-modern industry standard technology called EFI to handle booting. Sadly, Windows XP, and even the upcoming Vista, are stuck in the 1980s with old-fashioned BIOS. But with Boot Camp, the Mac can operate smoothly in both centuries.

Windows running on a Mac is like Windows running on a PC. That means it’ll be subject to the same attacks that plague the Windows world. So be sure to keep it updated with the latest Microsoft Windows security fixes.
Damn! What a dis! What could be worse than being called out for being stuck in the 1980s? Micro$oft better grab their parachute pants, a boombox and some cardboard and get ready for some serious breaking! I remember Windows 3.0 in the 1980s. What a terrible operating system. I preferred using DOS to Windows back then. With Boot Camp and Windows XP installed, you can hold down the option key while starting your Mac and choose which operating system you would like to use. This is revolutionary! This will change the computer industry forever! This makes me want an Intel Mac even more than I did before! Maybe while trying to fix my iBook someone over at Mac repairs will slip an Intel processor into that bad boy for me. But probably not. Oh well, at least I have my health.

No comments: