Thursday, March 30, 2006

DPM Decks

Futura DPMHI DeckI got an e-mail from the good folks over at Maharishi informing me that they have just released their new Spring/Summer '06 collection, which includes some really nice Limited Ed. Disruptive Pattern Material skateboard decks and trucks. I haven't been on a skateboard since I broke my wrist attempting a one-footed smith grind on a four-foot quarterpipe at my local skatepark about three years ago. If I had one of these boards I probably wouldn't ride it anyway because I like the patterns on them too much to ruin it with boardslides, tailslides, etc. But at the price of only £60.00 each, it wouldn't be too big of a deal to ride one of these beauties. If only they were unlimited in number. DPMHI doesn't specify the number of boards produced, but with them you know they will be limited, difficult to come by and will probably sell out pretty quickly. My favorite is the Futura Splinter deck [pictured, left], featuring Futura's famous U.N.K.L.E. Pointman character. The decks come in eight different flavors and there are three different truck styles based on Maharishi's DPM patters. Try not to hurt yourself.

No comments: