Thursday, September 01, 2005

Apocalypse Now

As the Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama apocalypse continues I sit comfortably in my padded ergonomic chair listening to a bunch of civil engineers discuss the destruction and looting. According to the rumors, a New Orleans Walmart was cleaned out, including all of the shotguns and ammunition, and vandals are now shooting at rescue helicopters and police. What were Nostradamus' predictions about the end of the world? Is there anything in Revelations about this disaster? My co-workers were discussing driving down to New Orleans to do some looting, but apparently gas is too expensive. If I had any money, I would contribute to the hurricane relief, but unfortunately I am as poor as a pauper. Actually, if I had money, I would cheer myself up by buying one of these hilarious Limited Ed. I Hate Clowns t-shirts. I especially like the Clowns are Humor Challenged t-shirt:

challenged300.jpg


I also really like the glow-in-the-dark Can't Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me t-shirt:

300glowcant.jpg


Of course, I like anything that glows in the dark. I wish I had some Glow In the Dark Condoms. That would be so cool. I'm sure my girlfriend would appreciate that (apparently, she did not really appreciate my mention of that). I would be a lot easier to find in the dark, that's for sure. Speaking of girlfriends and Limited Ed. and art, one of my favorite low-life scum artists, Coop, has his own blog, the Positive Ape Index, which chronicles his painting process. Coop is known for his voluptuous sexy demon ladies, which I speculate may have been influenced by the ladies of R. Crumb's artwork. Coop is also, like myself, a huge fan of classic 1920's and '30's hot rods. Apparently he is friends with Mister Jalopy of Hooptyrides Blog fame. I guess I need to start painting pin-up girls so I can become friends with these fellers and start my own classic car collection. Well, I think I have ventured significantly away from my initial subject for this post, so I should probably get back to manning the phone and listening to engineers discuss hurricane destruction.

Update: I didn't realize it, but I had already blogged some Can't Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me panties. Just goes to show, I hate clowns and I repeat myself (lousy short term memory!).

No comments: