Thursday, April 29, 2004

Art Or Technology?



I can't decide, probably both. This SME Model 30/2 Turntable is the most expensive record player I could find, though. And, at 90 pounds (this time the weight, not the currency), the heaviest. In terms of aesthetic beauty, however, my choice would be this:



Kuzma Stabi XL Turntable
, which weighs in at around 45 pounds. It is made from solid brass and has the appearance of Le Corbursier architecture. Finally, artistically speaking, there is this:



Clearaudio Maximum Solution Turntable
. It is definitely one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery I have ever seen. It has a very clean look, like something you would use in an operating room or for scientific experiments. It is hand-made and way more expensive than I could ever afford. I'm sure all of my DJ friends will get a kick out of this stuff.