Friday, August 18, 2006

Believe It

The Hundreds x Saved by the BellDon't Believe The Hypebeast is my new favorite website. Inspired by the popularity of trend-spotting, sneaker-freaking websites such as (obviously) Hypebeast, Freshness, Sneaker Freaker, etc., DBTHb.com mocks and ridicules some of the more ridiculous and aesthetically-challenged aspects of current streetwear fashion trends. Well, it's about time. I thought I was the only one who was pointing out the ridiculousness of some of these entirely over-priced Limited Ed. products. Sure, sometimes I can fall victim to the hype as well; I often purchase the products that I make fun of for being priced out of the range of your average consumer. I am also swayed by items that are considered Limited Ed. even though they are produced by the thousands in a multitude of different colorways. Now I have somewhere else to turn when I need a good laugh over my own obsession with the Limited Ed. So check out Don't Believe the Hypebeast and have a good laugh on me.

Update: Don't Believe the Hypebeast has already been bought out and is no longer on the internet. What a shame. Hopefully, they will be back soon, better and more vicious than ever!

No comments: