Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Con Is On

Star Wars Kubricks series 6Well, San Diego's world famous Comic-Con starts today, and where am I? Stuck in Chapel Hill, North Cackablacka strapped to my desk at work, being tortured by the incessant ringing of my phone. I wish I was in San Diego with my good friends Kevin Smith and Stan Lee hanging out, drinking a couple of brews, reminiscing about the golden days of comic books before all the hype, movies, poseurs, etc. Not to mention all of the toys. The toys! Every toy company will be at Comic-Con this weekend (including Carrboro's very own Wootini to unveil the new Jermaine Rogers toy) premiering their newest lines and whatever special Limited Ed., only-available-at-Comic-Con toys they have. I can't wait for pictures so I can drool all over my computer monitor. Until then, Ningyoushi has a couple of new things available. They have the new Star Wars Kubricks series 6 [pictured above] available and they say they have the new Limited Ed. Michael Lau Bone figure [pictured below] available for pre-order, but I don't see it anywhere. Vinyl Pulse has more information about the Bone figure and its availability. Apparently, there will be 1000 of them in three different colorways, they will run $89.99 and they will be available at Michael's store in Hong Kong and "soon" from Garden Toyz Book. There is no info about them on the Garden Toyz Book website yet, but hopefully there will be soon. I like the one with the white skull and black body or the glow-in-the-dark one the best. If anyone sees one of these anywhere, let me know so I can post more information.
Michael Lau Bone figure
Update: You can get the black-on-white and white-on-black colorways of the Bone figure for pre-order at Panik's Toy Box, but they are $109.99 instead of the list price of $89.99.

No comments: