Thursday, January 20, 2005

Not One Damn Dime

In conjunction with the Presidential inauguration, today is "Not One Damn Dime" Day, a day on which people who do not agree with the current administrations' foreign and domestic policies are encouraged to not spend any money for a 24 hour period. In honor of that sentiment, I present several toys I like, but will not be buying today. First off, Nongyoushi has a pre-order on their website for the new 12" KOSTAS Assassin Figure from Medicom Toys:



Kostas is a pretty interesting artist who has been around the block a few times. Now he's got his own 12" figure! For just $135.oo! But I won't be pre-ordering it today. Also on the Ningyoushi website is this cool Vinyl U.N.K.L.E. figure by Medicom Toys:



This little cutie is a Japan-only release. I pre-ordered this one last week, so I don't have to worry about spending money on it today. Kidrobot has also got some new toys on their website, including the new Kidbomber:



Which was released last Thursday, while I was winging my way to Punta Cana, in a limited run of only a thousand. I really like the Kidrobot figures and I plan on getting one later, but not today. Kidrobot also has some fresh new Run DMC exclusive figures:



These Kidrobot exclusives are limited to only 375 sets, only available from Kidrobot. Maybe I'll pick up a set tomorrow. They also have an exclusive Christmas in Hollis colorway set:



I'm not a big Christmas fan, so I won't be getting these. Also, they are limited to only 125 sets only available at Kidrobot. So go out and don't spend any money today and feel sorry for all of the citizens of Washington, DC who had to shill out forty million dollars to put on some crappy inauguration party for a president that the majority of them didn't even vote for with some really bad music and more security than most war-torn countries will ever see. Hooray for the U.S. of A.!

No comments: