Friday, January 07, 2005

Cool, But Not Limited

Gizmodo had a little bit of information on their website about the new DVForge JamPod:



Unfortunately, their information wasn't very informative, so I went to the DVForge website to find out more. And I'm sure glad that I did. This cool little device is a miniature amplifier module that connects to your iPod and lets you plug in a guitar, bass or any other musical instrument or microphone with a 1/4" jack and allows you to jam along to any music on your iPod. You can use your iPod earbuds with it, or you could plug it into your stereo or other speaker system and jam out loud. A 48-inch white guitar cord is included with the JamPod. DVForge seems to be a really cool company with lots of Mac-related music products. They have a really nice USB microphone:



And a cool keyboard designed to be used with GarageBand:



I especially like the keyboard, 'cause that's my main instrument of choice and 'cause it has little legs that allow you to slide your computer keyboard under it. Quite convenient. Now I just need a computer that can run GarageBand without crashing. Stupid, four-year-old, first generation, G3 iBook! Anybody out there got a G5 iMac they want to donate to me to help improve my musical progression? Anybody?

No comments: