Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hand-Rolled Dominican Cigars

I'm back from five days of lying in the sun on the beach in Punta Cana getting burnt, literally, and smoking delicious, fresh, hand-rolled, right-there-in-front-of-me, Dominican cigars and boy did I miss a lot of stuff while I was gone. First off, Mike sent me a link to this pimp-ass LED Scrolling Text IcedOut Belt Buckle:



I don't know if these things are Limited Ed., but I'm sure you probably won't be seeing a whole heckuva lot of them around, unless you hang out with me, in which case you will see one everyday, with a new message scrolling across it each time you see me. The buckle can store up to six messages, up to 256 characters per message, has nine speed settings, and nine brightness settings. It doesn't say on the site how you program it, but I'm sure if you are blingin' enough to afford this little accessory, you can probably figure that shizzle out yo'self.

In other blingin' news, Moog, my absolute favorite synth company, none of whose products I can actually afford, has just released their new 19" Rack Mount Edition Minimoog Voyager:



Moog doesn't have all the tech specs up on their website right now, but what they do say is that the package contains all of the features of the Voyager plus switchable audio out. What you don't get is the keyboard or the Voyager's touch surface. The advantage of this rack mount version is that you can connect several of them to a single MIDI keyboard to create a polyphonic cacophony of vintage Moog sound. The Rack Mount Edition will be available in April for $2195.00, but due to overwhelming demand, supplies will be limited. Now who wants a cigar?

No comments: