Friday, December 03, 2004

And I've Been Using My Legs This Whole Time

Well, Toyota has gone and done it. They have made the dreams of paraplegics and lazy people around the world come true. Now, with just the press of a button, you can walk your fat, lazy ass from the couch to the fridge for yet another beer! Alright, so you can't do it just yet, but at an exhibition in Aichi next year Toyota is planning on unveiling the handy-dandy new i-foot and i-unit:



The i-foot is actually intended for the "disabled," but what about the i-unit (hehe, that name makes me giggle)? Is it intended to be a bad-ass wheelchair or some sort of personal transport device? According to the press release it is a single passenger vehicle. I guess it will be a competitor for the outrageously successful Segway. Personally, I think this picture of the i-foot is the funniest:



I just like the way the retro-space-age chick in silver is "dancing" with the i-foot. Very festive. I also enjoy these pictures of the controls for the i-foot:

        

They remind me of the controls for the cargo-loading robot suit that Sigourney Weaver used in the movie Aliens to kill the queen-mama alien. I wonder if the i-foot has a flame thrower? That would be sweet. No one would mess with those paraplegics if they had a flame thrower... and it would be perfect for toasting marshmallows on a cold winter eve.

[Via Gizmodo]

No comments: