Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rrraaaaarrrr!!!

First off, I would just like to say that unfortunately I have been away for the last few days for my Grandmother's funeral. She was 92-years-old, lived a wonderful, full life of both happiness and sorrow. She survived the concentration camps of Romania during the Holocaust. She survived the first few, shaky years of the state of Israel. She survived the long, arduous journey across the Atlantic to the United States in the closing years of the 1950's. And she survived 34 years living in Brooklyn, New York. She spent the last fifteen years of her life among her family in North Carolina. She was as loved and supported as much as she supported everyone around her. She was strength and she never complained. Everyone who knew her called her 'Ema' which is Hebrew for 'mother' because she was the matriarch. She was everyone's 'Ema'. She held the family together, and one of the last things she told us was to always stay together and make time for each other. And she told me that I clean up very nice. She passed away on her own terms; never living in a nursing home, having to be helped getting in and out of bed and dressing. She had just had a manicure and pedicure a few days before. She spoke with angels just before her passing and that is who she is with now, smiling down upon us.

Alright, now that I have taken care of that, I'm sure anyone reading this who doesn't know me personally would probably prefer to just hear about some new toys, so here ya' go you Rumble Monster x Erostika fans:Rumble Monsters x Erostika Summer Vacation PharaonIf you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of translucent vinyl toys, so I like this Rumble Monsters x Erostika "Sea Clear" Summer Vacation colorway figure [pictured above]. It'll run ya' $85 at Span of Sunset so I won't be getting one anytime soon, but if you dig the RM x Eros, get over there quick, 'cause you can only get one per person 'cause quantities are Limited Ed.

No comments: