Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Paris Hilton Autopsy

I know everyone and their dog has posted this already, but I find it interesting both as an artist and as a person who would like to see Paris Hilton disemboweled. Capla Kesting Fine Art on Roebling Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn will be hosting the opening of Daniel Edwards new exhibit Paris Hilton Autopsy beginning May 12th. There will be a reception for the press May 9th at 11:00 am. If any of my New York family want to use my press credentials to attend the reception to take pictures for me, that would be cool. Otherwise, they will have to wait until Saturday, May 12th from 6-9 pm for the public reception. I'm sure that one will be well attended, especially because viewers are encouraged to reach into the sculpture of Paris Hilton and remove her scale-reproduced internal organs. The intention of the exhibit is to educates New York City teens on the dangers of drunk driving and promote safe proms through an interactive public service announcement. I think the crowd will more likely be scary, disgusting degenerates who just want to get their hands on Paris Hilton's innards. The image above is a life size clay model of the Paris Hilton Autopsy in pre-autopsy form with her dog Tinkerbell.

2 comments:

Gigi Lee said...

I guess I look deep within and find out who the real Paris is. She'll be right down the street from me!

Aja and Evan said...

everything cool and hip is always in Williamsburg ..so unfair!