Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bloggin' Just Enough For The City

Broken glass everywhere! Haha ha... ha! I apologize for my lack of posts recently, but I have been up in NYC for the open casting call for Artstar:



It was a pretty interesting event. Like American Idol for artists. And just like American Idol, all of the freaks came out of the woodwork for this one. Unfortunately, because I am comparatively normal, I wasn't selected to make it through to the second round. I did get to show my work to the art and culture critic Carlo McCormick, who liked my poster work and took a copy of a couple of my pieces to hold onto, which could prove promising. I also decided to stay in New York a few extra days to chill, hang out with my sister and cousins, and go to a hilarious comedy night at Cinema Classics featuring the likes of Bobby Tisdale, Leo Allen, Eugene Mirman, Demetri Martin, etc. I even saw Todd Barry hanging out in the audience. I recognized him, but didn't realize who he was. I thought he was someone I actually knew, so I went up to him and tried to start a conversation, realizing after I started talking to him that he was famous and that was why he was ignoring me. I also managed to sell a painting while I have been up in NYC. Of course, I sold the painting from the exhibit at Temple Ball in North Carolina that I had work in that ended on Monday. So that makes up for not getting into Artstar, kind of.

Anyway, here's something that might come in handy in the city. According to Josh Rubin, Puma, in association with Vexed and Biomega, are releasing an urban apartment friendly folding bike:

        


I wish I had one of these right now so I could ride around to my favorite toy stores, shoe stores, galleries, museums, etc. in the city. I'd have to have a damn good lock, though! That's all for now. More later.

No comments: