Thursday, March 24, 2005

Back In The Saddle Again

Well it sure didn't take me very long to find a new job. I guess my resume speaks for itself. And apparently I do a pretty good job of speaking for myself as well, because I got a call about an hour after my interview with the Patient and Visitor Relations department at Durham Regional Hospital letting me know I got the job. It probably won't take advantage of my entire skill set, but I start on Monday and they will be paying me, and that's more than I can say for what I am doing now, which is sitting on my fat ass playing video games. Speaking of video games, the Sony PSP is being released today for all of you hardcore portable video game junkies out there. It might be a little hard to find this week, and I'm sure they will sell out of their American stock by the weekend. That's what happened with the Nintendo DS and it wasn't nearly as sought after as the PSP. In any case, I'm going to wait for the second generation PSP with hopefully a longer battery life before I even consider buying one.

Anyway, on to the more interesting stuff. I received an e-mail from Jose Luis Serrano, a documentary film director who has "just finished a short documentary about two NYC street artists on a global guerilla project: throwing up fake sneakers all over the world." You can check it out on the website for the new cable network INdTV. The documentary is titled '+he FUTURE BEAUTIFUL :: SKEWVILLE.' Check it out, and if you like it, vote for it on the IndTV website. Personally, I thought it was dope, but then, I love graffiti and sneakers, so combining the two makes me very happy.

Alright, next up, on the toy tip but also on the graffiti art tip, you gotta' check out the new Limited Ed. 12" Jean Michel Basquiat figure by Medicom:



Created in association with Maharishi this figure features the Medicom Real Action Hero body. This has got to be one of the coolest crossover art action figures I have ever seen. And now that I have a new job, I might just have to pre-order it.

Ningyoushi also has available on their website a two foot tall Limited Ed. Biz Markie doll:



If I hadn't already gotten Mike a birthday present when I was up in NYC, and if I could afford $160 for a birthday present for Mike, then I would get him this Biz doll. Biz is limited to only 1000 and comes in a cool cereal box, so get yours before they disappear... like the vapors.

Well, I think that's all for now. I'll start writing on a more regular basis next week when I start my new job. Until then, enjoy!

No comments: