Monday, March 21, 2005

Watches, B-Ball Shoes, And Sandals For Spring

Well folks, today is the first day of spring and I feel rejuvenated. Since I am not working, and because I have already applied to a hundred jobs or so, I decided to start working out again. Unfortunately, I haven't worked out on a regular basis in a couple of years, so I have been very sore for the last week or so. But that has all changed now that spring has sprung!

Speaking of sprung, check out this shiny shiny new Limited Ed. LED watch by Cyber Punk Made in Japan:



This watch, available from Tokyoflash, even has its own little cartoon spokesmodel. Get yours quick before they sell out. And at only $116.62 they will sell out pretty quickly.

Next on the agenda, because it is March Madness time and my favorite team has made it to the Sweet Sixteen, I present these Limited Ed. Duke Blue Devils Nike Terminator Zoom Airs:



Now I know everybody hates Duke. Well, everybody outside of Durham, North Cack that is. Someone has even come up with the charming moniker for them; "Dook." I just think it is hilarious because the only reason people hate them so much is because they are so good. Coach K has also just passed Dean Smith as the most winningest coach in college basketball. Every team Duke plays, in either ACC regular season games or NCAA tournament games, is gunning for them, wants to take them out, wants to kill them. And yet they continue to win. Sometimes it just makes me laugh.

Speaking of laughing, the man Michael Lucas, has sent me this very interesting link to some very interesting sandals from the very interesting country of Japan that interestingly enough made me laugh. From Nikko Co. Ltd. come these Limited Ed. Thunder Gate Original Snow Inferior sandals:

  


My favorites are the Ba-ri:



Not because of the image on them, more because of the Babel Fish translation of the description of them, which includes the classic line, "Being the ladies and gentlemen and the Bali island which are sensitive to popularity the king of the design monkey which is happened to see frequently (monkey king ハヌマーン) it is appearance!" I love anything that has to do with the design monkey and the monkey king. Maybe because of my role as Monkey in the kung-fu classic Fist of the Golden Chicken. Anyway, I'm not sure why you would want to wear sandals in the snow, but apparently that is what these are for. Personally, I think I will wait a couple of months and get some for the summer. That is, if I have a job by then. Until then, or until my next post, enjoy!

No comments: