Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Gainfully Unemployed

Sorry I haven't posted anything recently, but as the story often goes, I have been fired from my job where I usually blog from. I was told, not by my boss, but by his fairly incompetent wife, that I have made too many mistakes recently on the job. Apparently, I am not "career-oriented" enough for my Office Manager position. That's probably because I never wanted to be an Office Manager. I took the job originally as a part-time position so that I would have time in the mornings to paint and work on freelance graphic design work. I took over full-time when the woman I was sharing my job with got fed up and quit. I should have known then that things were going to get bad, but I really needed the extra money I was getting working full-time. That was almost two years ago. Now I am back out on my own looking for work. If anyone out there knows of any jobs for graphic artists/designers with plenty of web design skills, I'm looking. And I'm willing to relocate... to New York. I have friends and family there that I can stay with until I can get my own place. Luckily, I will be able to get unemployment until I can find a new job. That will definitely help out while I'm looking. Anyway, enough of my depressing bullshit. On to what you all really want, Limited Ed. shtuff.

Ningyoushi has some great new toys available for pre-order on their website. First off, they've got these cool new Futura Nosferatu Pointman figures:



Produced by 360 Toygroup, these figures, which Ningyoushi describes as "probably the truest form of Pointman as a figure, ever created," come in four flavors; black, white, grey, and brown camo of course. The black one is my favorite, but the brown camo will probably be the first to sell out. Everybody loves camo.

Ningyoushi also has available for pre-order this super-sweet 12" Star Wars Darth Vader by Medicom:



According to Ningyoushi, "This is the second Star Wars 12" Figure by Medicom using their high quality Real Action Hero Body. Darth Vader features a working light saber, cloak, removable helmet, and ultra detailed accessories." I'm not sure how they got the light saber to work, seeing as how there has never been a full-sized working version produced. Trust me, I've been trying to find one for a while. It's been very hard to complete my Jedi training without it. It is cool that the figure features a removeable helmet, so you can see Darth's ugly, deformed face, which in no way resembles James Earl Jones, who voiced Darth in the three good Star Wars movies.

Well, that's all for now. Wish me luck in my job search. I will post again when I get bored of looking for work.

No comments: