Sunday, October 12, 2008

Patton Oswalt

So I missed Patton Oswalt this past Wednesday night when he was presenting the movie Cars III at the New Beverly Cinema, but I did run into him this morning at Millie's Coffe Shop in Silver Lake. He stopped in to get a cup of coffee to go and I sat there staring at him with a taco hanging out of my mouth like an unshaved stalker. Luckily I was there with Anne, so hopefully he did not confuse me for a stalker. I think he may have recognized me from the two times that I bugged him at the end of shows at the Cat's Cradle when he performed there. I wanted to get a picture with him, but I didn't have my camera and I didn't realize Anne had hers with her.

Anyway, I will have two more chances to annoy Patton at the New Beverly: tonight at 7:30pm, when he presents The Foot Fist Way and Tsui Hark’s The Blade or this Wednesday when he will be showing Curse of the Demon and F.W. Murnau’s Faust. I don't know which I would prefer. It would be nice to see him present The Foot Fist Way because of the 301 Films connections there, but I would also really like to see Faust. Either way, another chance for interaction with Patton Oswalt, which is always enjoyable. And I will try to bring Anne with me so I don't creep him out too much.

No comments: