Friday, August 15, 2008

Full Vinyl Jacket

Michael Lau SK3 SetNingyoushi has got the new goods from probably my favorite vinyl artist, Michael Lau, in stock. The Limited Ed. SK3 Set is Lau's homage to Stanley Kubrick, one of my favorite directors of all time. I remember staying up late Friday nights to watch A Clockwork Orange on Skinemax. A bit of the old ultraviolence for little Alec. And who doesn't remember the first time they saw 2001: A Space Odyssey all fucked-up on acid? Actually, who does remember that? I sure don't. Or in Full Metal Jacket when Gomer Pyle blows his brains out. I didn't see that one coming. Anyway, these new figures from Michael Lau are pretty sick, and only $285 for the set of all three. Not too bad for Lau's work. Out of my price range right now, though, with just having gotten a job and having to pay for a trip to Delaware for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary and all. 40 years, who would have thought? And 2001 was their first movie date. Isn't that precious.

Update: The red/silver version of 2bb1 is out of stock at Ningyoushi, they are now only shipping the blue [pictured above], yellow or green versions.

No comments: