Friday, February 15, 2008

Kamehameha!!!

Medicon RAH GokuSome of you out there may not know this, but it is probably pretty obvious from reading my blog that I am a big anime fan. And back when I had cable, I was a huge Dragonball Z fan. The extended fight scenes that go on for entire seasons of the show, the power-ups that take entire episodes, the fast-paced, frenetic, seizure-inducing animation: what's not to like? One of the first toys in my now heavily equipped arsenal of anime figures was a plastic Goku figure with a Kamehameha Wave (little blue plastic ball) that launched from his hand. Now Medicom Toys has released a Limited Ed. 12" Real Action Hero version of Goku [pictured above] that looks freakin' ridiculous! It is available for pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store for $159, which is a lot of money, but cheaper than a lot of other RAH figures. Not to mention, they did some really nice work on the arms and face sculpts and costume to get the figure to look exactly like the animated Goku. Well, I can't afford this figure right now, but I do have a birthday coming up, and this would make a good replacement for a toy that somebody accidentally broke... hint, hint.

No comments: