Thursday, December 29, 2005

Where Am I?

Yeah, I have been gone for a while. Up in the Rotten Apple enjoying the company of my family during the Festival of Lights. It is a very exciting, entertaining time of year, so I am once again completely broke. Of course, I did get a flat tire last night and had to pay almost ninety bucks to get a new one. And I still need to get the matching tire so that I won't have a blow-out on the interstate and go careening off of a cliff into oblivion, which actually sounds kind of nice right about now. If I lived in New York I wouldn't have to worry about flat tires, just transit strikes, yippee! Anyway, I had a great time in the city with my family staying at my brother's amazing apartment on the Upper West Side. It's not really his apartment, it's his friend Judd's mom's apartment, but she is in England for a while, so he is caring for it while she is gone. The place is ridiculous. The largest apartment I have ever been in in New York. Twice the size of my place in Carrboro, and only twice the rent because Judd's mom has been living there for so long and the place is rent-controlled or whatever. Anyway, I'm jealous. But that has always been the case when it came to my brother. But this is neither the time nor the place to go into that. Instead, I'll just post some pictures from the trip and from the Annual Oyster Roast at Drew and Misty's place on December 10th that I hadn't gotten around to posting yet. I hope you enjoy them. I sure enjoyed taking them. I also enjoyed the oysters, beer, cheese pie, etc. Oh yeah, the night pictures of buildings are looking out Seth's living room window. The living room that is twice the size of mine and does not include the dining room and kitchen like mine does. No, his dining room is almost as big as the living room and his kitchen is twice the size of mine. And he has three bathrooms. And two bedrooms. And a study. And Zabar's is right across the street. Bastard.

Drew and unidentified female at Oyster RoastDrunk Jordan and Mac at Oyster RoastDrunk Alec at Oyster Roast
Cousin Thomas at Oyster RoastMisty and Anne at Oyster RoastMac at Oyster RoastAnne, Mary and Amber at Oyster Roast
15 sec. exp. at f2.6What a viewUpper West Side luxury
15 sec. time lapse 6th floorScott with recently repaired ACLA cool looking building on BroadwayNeckface is ugly
Kick George OutThe Family at Artie's DeliMy Old Lady Loves Neckface

1 comment:

Setholonius said...

yeah but you have a cute 20-yr-old girlfriend and I'm here pumping the weasel like a broken lawnmower in my enormous apartment, so count your blessings.